Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Wonderful World of Weasels

I was browsing through my new favorite site the Urban Dictionary when I came across a word that pretty much describes the type of people we all love to hate, here let me share it with you:

1. weasel 

shifty, schemeing person that will do whatever they need to to escape whatever they fear in the moment

2. Weasel 

A cunning, sneaky person. On internet forums they are often a liar, fake or poser. Will try to extract information from you to share with others and / or use it against you. Uses shiftiness to evade an obligation, commitment or duty. They will make promises then renege on them. 'Weasel' is very often followed by 'out' as in 'weasel out'.

"Watch her try to weasel out of that one."

I always pride myself in being a good judge of character, even when I was younger, I just have the knack for calling a spade a spade. I don't know where I got it, I just know that I have it so live with that! In this little spot of ours under the sun, I'd like to think my opinions matter somewhat in some quarters. I think one of my talents is drawing people out, encouraging them that showing their true colors is the only way to live. 

So I guess my monumental dislike for the captioned word above is my biggest contribution to the aim of keeping it real. The adjectives scheming, cunning, shifty always inspire anger in me. I've witnessed some major weasels in my life and always they've succeeded in leaving a bad taste in my mouth. We all play our lives out like a movie where we play the leading role. In this movie, the whole world revolves around us. But in the outside we try to blend in, we live in a community after all so we have to conform. 

The weasels on the other hand tend to blur the lines that separate fantasy from reality. Their own little movie tends to overflow to the outside world. These weasels have deluded themselves to the belief that the world owes them a favor and that everyone else should do their bidding. They spend half their waking lives making sure that they are felt in the most obnoxious of ways. They will impose themselves no end. They will make a big show of how important they are or how important they feel should be. When things don't go their way, they bawl like babies. They freak out and call attention to their poor selves. 

They somehow feel that they should get more than what an equal is getting. When you entrust them with something, you can be sure they will cheat and they will never to the real work. Try to ride in good people's coattails and claim the successes of others as their own with so much smugness you'd puke. A favorite hobby of weasels is highlighting other people's failures and shortcomings to make them look and feel better. Another is passing the buck and protesting innocence in any and all of the mess they've created. 

I could go on and on but I'm pretty sure you get my drift. I want to grab these people by the shoulders and shake them out of their stupor and say "Wake up and smell the shit you've shat!" hahaha ... Two quick fixes for these types: hardwork and humility in huge doses! 

Author: Monie Maunay
email: buddygallagher@gmail.com
Share
 

No comments:

Post a Comment