Monday, October 29, 2012

whattup...?

I dream of having a daily blog, 300 or so words about everything and nothing but even I know that would be a very difficult thing to keep up. Every once in a while I hear the voices of my friends in my head telling me that it is time for another one of my cryptic collection of back-stories. Things that have transpired in between the nooks and crannies of our lives need to be re-told lest we forget.

Yes we did witness the very first official cat fight. A pockmark that will mar this beautiful friendship for sure but a great process we are all still smarting from. I guess the really ugly part in the whole sordid mess is the fact that there were so many words being spoken while no one is really talking. Pretty much like shadow-boxing where you do not know who struck you and who you will strike. We were all relieved when it ended. I have said it before and I will say it again: “… the best way to destroy your enemy is to befriend them…” In our case the enemy was destroyed by extending the olive branch and rekindling the friendship. There was collateral damage mind you, do you recall our sweet friend Milo who remained mad at someone on our behalf only to discover that we’re already cool with that someone and he is left alone in his anger, on our behalf? Hahaha… It is just so much easier to lay the bricks down instead of carrying it around with you right?

On other developments, the supposed former queen bee has flown the coop and into that far away land where domestic helps sometimes end up dead. And why ever not! He still has a lot of fight left in him. He will come back victorious of that I doubt not. Now the post of queen bee is up for grabs and so are the grubs she left behind. Another one flew to a nearby place to heal his heart, it may take some healing but he showers us with his brilliant presence over the weekends. Yet another one has taken the road less traveled, that of a bum, a couch potato, a sloth. I am sure she is just gathering storm and will come back in one big bang that will blow us all away.

There’s nothing else here on my bag of cheap tricks. I would like to extend my congratulations though to someone who bucked the trend and went to that little hotspot (we speak of in hushed tones) all by his lone self just to be with the current flame. You know who you are! (its 3:05pm on my clock and i need to be at work at 9pm...heaven help me...)


Author: Monie Maunay
email: buddygallagher@gmail.com
Share
 

No comments:

Post a Comment